4.03.2006

Let's play some frisbee... Fuck yeah!

To: You
From: Guess
Date: Duh
Subject: [Insert 30 seconds of thinking up a vapid subject line.]

First and foremost, I need to get something off my chest:


GODDAMN YOU, UCLA. I wish you'd all stand in a circle and play frisbee with machine saw blades. Did anyone catch that game? LSU acted like they didn't even want to play.

• • •

Since when is George Clooney relevant? Despite how ludicrous George Clooney's mentioning was in the last South Park episode, they presented a clear message of how extremely outrageous these jackfucks in Hollywood live their lives and think of themselves.

Here is, word for word, George Clooney's acceptance speech at the Academy Awards, where he won an Oscar for best supporting actor: "Wow. Wow. All right, so I'm not winning director. It's the funny thing about winning an Academy Award, it will always be synonymous with your name from here on in. It will be Oscar winner, George Clooney. Sexiest Man Alive, 1997. ... I would say that, you know, we are a little bit out of touch in Hollywood every once in a while. I think it's probably a good thing. We're the ones who talk about AIDS when it was just being whispered, and we talked about civil rights when it wasn't really popular. And we, you know, we bring up subjects. This Academy, this group of people gave Hattie McDaniel an Oscar in 1939 when blacks were still sitting in the backs of theaters. I'm proud to be a part of this Academy. Proud to be part of this community, and proud to be out of touch. And I thank you so much for this."

His audacity bewilders me. He's exactly right: Hollywood is out of touch with society. Therefore, he should take his fucking gold statue, salute his phonies and cronies, and go back to his seat and drink a wine cooler. "We're the ones who talk about AIDS when it was just being whispered"??? Well, excuse us, George, did the selection committee for the Nobel Prize slight you? The saddest thing about it is, however, that there are people in this country that take heed to everything these people say. Like they actually give a goddamn about anyone or anything except for which after part they're attending.

I wish these media whores would stop acting like they want to change the world and continue being the little dancing monkeys that they are.

Even though I think the whole rebellious-girl-trying-to-get-attention thing is pretty much beating a dead horse, I liked what Fiona Apple said during her acceptance speech at the MTV awards. "This world is bullshit, and you shouldn't model your life about what you think that you think we think is cool, and what we're wearing, and what we're saying and everything. Go with yourself."

... But I did have to go pick up those shoes Usher was wearing at the Grammy's. I mean, they were sooooo cool.

1 comment:

Chas said...

I know, what was the Academy thinking ... giving an award to a minority!

By the way, where did you get a photo of my brother? You may think he's a "cutie," but I think he's a stand-up guy.